Freelancer in Hamburg
Hi, I'm Waldemar Kornewald - a freelance software engineer based in Hamburg, Germany. I've been writing software since my early childhood (1996) and constantly improving my skills in designing easy to understand, maintainable code.
I'm available on-site in Hamburg or remote for:
- Mobile apps: Android, Flutter, Kotlin, Java
- Backend: Python, Django, Flask
- DevOps: Kubernetes, Docker, infrastructure-as-code
- Architecture consulting
If you need help with one of your projects just contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
|2020 – now||IBM: Android/Kotlin lead developer for IBM's electronic health record, security admission (gematik), end-to-end encryption, architecture|
|2017 – 2020||Ovy: Flutter, Android/Kotlin/Java, Flask/Python, Bluetooth LE (custom thermometer), Dockerized dev env, Google App Engine, Redis|
|2017 – 2017||SPIEGEL: Kubernetes setup/ops (on-prem & GKE), how-to-use workshops, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Prometheus, Kibana, Grafana, Docker images for various services, etc.|
|1999 – 2008||various open-source projects: Python, Django, Trac, C++, Java, GPIB, WinAPI, Perl, PHP, x86 asm, USB HID|
Over the past 20 years I've also made several open-source contributions:
- Django-nonrel: a fork of the Django web framework adding NoSQL support to its ORM (including backends for App Engine Datastore, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, etc.)
- Haiku: an open-source operating system project where I worked on PPP(oE) network protocols in the kernel, network settings app, website, Trac extensions/customizations, etc.