Freelancer in Hamburg
Hi, I'm Waldemar Kornewald - a freelance software engineer based in Hamburg, Germany. I've been writing software since my early childhood (1996) and constantly improving my skills in designing easy to understand, maintainable code.
I'm available on-site in Hamburg or remote for:
- Mobile apps: Android, Flutter, Kotlin, Java
- Backend: Python, Django, Flask
- DevOps: Kubernetes, Docker, infrastructure-as-code
- Architecture consulting
If you need help with one of your projects just contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of my latest customers/projects:
- 2017 – 2020 Ovy: Flutter, Android/Kotlin/Java, Flask/Python, Bluetooth LE (custom thermometer), Dockerized dev env, Google App Engine, Redis
- 2017 – 2017 SPIEGEL: Kubernetes setup/ops (on-prem & GKE), how-to-use workshops, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Prometheus, Kibana, Grafana, Docker images for various services, etc.
- 1999 – 2008 various open-source/free projects: Python, Django, Trac, C++, Java, GPIB, WinAPI, Perl, PHP, x86 asm, USB HID
Over the past 20 years I've also made several open-source contributions:
- Django-nonrel: a fork of the Django web framework adding NoSQL support to its ORM (including backends for App Engine Datastore, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, etc.)
- Haiku: an open-source operating system project where I worked on PPP(oE) network protocols, network settings app, website, Trac extensions/customizations, etc.