Freelancer in Hamburg
Hi, I'm Waldemar Kornewald - a freelance software engineer based in Hamburg, Germany. If you have complex code/bugs and need help designing easy to understand, maintainable code that prevents commonly recurring problems, please get in touch.
I'm available remote world-wide or on-site in Hamburg for:
- Mobile apps: Android, Flutter, Kotlin, Java
- Backend: Python, Django, Flask
- DevOps: Kubernetes, Docker, infrastructure-as-code
- Architecture consulting
If you need help with one of your projects just contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
|2020 – now||IBM: Android/Kotlin lead developer for IBM's electronic health record (ePA) and the CovPass app, security admission (gematik, BSI), end-to-end encryption, architecture, modernization of the codebase, teaching better development practices|
|2017 – 2020||Ovy: Flutter, Android/Kotlin/Java, Flask/Python, Bluetooth LE (custom thermometer), Dockerized dev env, Google App Engine, Redis|
|2017 – 2017||SPIEGEL: Kubernetes setup/ops (on-prem & GKE), how-to-use workshops, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Prometheus, Kibana, Grafana, Docker images for various services, etc.|
|1999 – 2008||various open-source projects: Python, Django, Trac, C++, Java, GPIB, WinAPI, Perl, PHP, x86 asm, USB HID|
Over the past 20 years I've also made several open-source contributions:
- ReactiveState-Kotlin: Easy reactive state management for Kotlin Multiplatform. No boilerplate. Compatible with Android.
- Django-nonrel: A fork of the Django web framework adding NoSQL support to its ORM (including backends for App Engine Datastore, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, etc.)
- Haiku: An open-source operating system project where I worked on PPP(oE) network protocols in the kernel, network settings app, website, Trac extensions/customizations, etc.